Today was our last fitness testing of the year and here are my scores:
•Beep Test-12.5•Vertical-43cm
•T-test-10.59secs
•Plank-1:25
I am dissapointed with the effort that i gave for the last fitness testing. The number that i had in mind for the beep test was getting it over the 13.0 mark since my high score is 13.3. I wanted to beat my high score on the last fitness testing but i couldnt make that happen. The thing that i told myself going in to the beep test was that i am atleast going to get over 12 so atleast i accomplished that. I think when your body is running and exerting that much energy it all comes down to the mindset you have and today it wasn't there. And its ok becuase succes is built off of failures. I also belive that one of the factors that made me a bit slower today were that i have been training at sharpshooter for the past 2 weeks 5 days a week and that takes a lot out of my energy. I also did legs yesterday so my legs weren't feeling as good this morning but i'm not going to make excuses because if i wanted to i could have got the job done and today i didn't. My vertical was the same the last time i did it. Which is kind of surprising because i excpected it to go up. My T-test was also fairly well this time and my plank went up a bit. I think it went because i have been spending a lot of time on core recently and it paid off today.
I big leg day will definitely impact your beep test (and your vertical). Jumping higher is very hard to do… takes a long time and specific focus on explosive power. Even with effort you may not increase that much. Some of that has to do with muscle finer types. I agree that the beep test is very mental. I think your scores are solid all around but would suggest a focus on core strength will be huge for hockey. Your ability to stay on the puck in contact is almost all core and technique. What was your flexibility score? The should be a focus too for injury prevention.
ReplyDelete